Edgar Cayce (1877 – 1945) was an American mystic who answered questions on subjects as varied as healing, reincarnation, wars, Atlantis, and future events while in a trance. A biographer gave him the nickname, "The Sleeping Prophet."
Below is a reading regarding Judas Iscariot. The client's names in the transcript have been protected using numbers.
Judas Iscariot was reincarnated at the time of Edgar Cayce but did not request a reading. Just like Bartholomew, Mr. 5767, Mr. 5770, Judas Iscariot, was a friend and business associate of Mr. 137, the reincarnation of Jude, the youngest brother of Jesus, and knew all of the Disciples.
TEXT OF READING 137-125 M 31 (Stockbroker, Hebrew)
17. (Q) Is  Judas Iscariot?
(A) "Judas Iscariot, betrayer of me." [DS: This was one of a number of Jesus' 'guest speaker' appearances in the readings during his brother Jude's readings.]
18. (Q) He is a fine man today.
(A) A fine man and leans upon thee. Many have been the trials of this soul in the destruction of many places and cities. Yet, though today with much of what the world calls material bounty, he leans upon thee - yet, this soul leans on thee.
19. (Q) Should he be introduced into the work at Virginia Beach? [DS: Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research and Enlightenment.]
(A) Yes, the more that are gathered in His name, the greater is the strength thereof.
20. (Q) Am I guided when and in my approach to others regarding this?
(A) "Thou art. In the hour that thou speakest I put it into thine heart what to say. For oft in prayer do I speak with thee." [Reading 137-125]
TEXT OF READING 1158-9 F 47 (Housewife, Protestant) [DS: In Palestine she was Ruth, the sister of Jesus.]
39. (Q) Is Peter known to me today?
(A) Not known. There are many of the Apostles, as has been indicated, or Disciples, that may be known. There's Bartholomew that may be known. There is Andrew, there is Jude (thy brother) that may be known. There is even Judas - don't know him, shouldn't know him; not as a fault in his, but better not. [1158-9]
3. The better looking of the Twelve, of course, was Judas, ... [5749-1]
10. As to comparative ages, the entity then was near the age of the sister [DS: Ruth, above.] of the Master; and there were the close acquaintanceships and friendships, though there were the varied degrees of associations, owing to those questions as arose in the various groups that were of the synagogue activities. There were the close companionships, though, until there were the separations owing to the varied manners of education of the two.
11. Hence the entity knew a great deal about the happenings in that household. The acquaintanceship with Jude and James [DS: the brothers of Jesus] was also a part of the entity's experience; though the entity, more than most of the holy women - as they were eventually called years afterward - followed the teachings of the Master under the varied circumstances; being in the areas about Bethsaida in that period of the expression manifested when there was the feeding of the five thousand, and when there were the rebukings of the peoples that were especially about Judas at that time.
12. In the beginning the entity Susane rather favored the manner in which those groups about Judas sought to proclaim Jesus as the deliverer of the peoples from that bondage, that taxation. [1179-8]
29. (Q) Was Judas Iscariot's idea in betraying Jesus to force Him to assert Himself as a King and bring in His kingdom then? (A) Rather the desire of the man to force same, and the fulfilling of that as Jesus spoke of same at the [DS: Last Supper] supper. [2067-7]
3. (Q) What is the explanation, for the belief held by the entity, that he was "JUDAS ISCARIOT" in a former incarnation? (A) As has been indicated, the entity is a "sensitive" in his present experience, and the associations during that period or sojourn were such that these influences as may be seen from that sojourn are of such a nature as to cause this "throw-back," as it were. In the entity's activities during that experience, as a representative of those powers in order at that period, the entity came in contact with varied members of those known as the disciples of the Master. And among the closer associates, among those of the Roman forces that made for this delving into the activities of the period, were the entity AND Judas.
The stories of Judas' experience had been told by those of a cult that was of interest, yet of a scoffing interest to the entity; that the entity, Judas, would become one that would betray his Lord, commit murder, incest and the like with those of his own household. And then to be accepted by one that others proclaimed as a teacher, a master, this was of special interest to the entity. And the entity followed the activities, the reports of Judas in such a manner that there was the BERATING of self when he, the entity, became closer associated with those of his friends in service there who had joined with those that were of the household and that were of the Master's family and kinsmen. The entity BERATED self.
Hence we find that in the experience of the entity in the present, when having been told [DS: NOT by Edgar Cayce.] in the present that the entity was Judas - this being the interpretation of that gained by the visions of some. Hence we find those urges, as it were, overshadow the entity at times. But as has been indicated, NEVER belittle self! For know within that the Master, the Lord thy God, overlooks that thou hast done and has given, "Whosoever will may take the cup." Each soul is willing, the flesh IS weak. The Lord hath not willed that any soul should perish for that berating of self, for any activity that may have, in the experience of an entity among its fellows, caused this or that to come to pass. Know, He hath willed that each soul should know the way, and hath prepared a way. Then look not back upon those associations, those environmental forces, nor thine own curiosity; but rather look up - to Him who may call thee that thou may know and see His face!
5. (Q) Could the entity's spiritual work for humanity be advanced by further production of a play on "Reincarnation"? (A) If it is made more of a practical application, would be a manner, a channel for AWAKENING. But rather let that as may be given be that EACH SOUL must KNOW its relationship to the Creative Forces or the Father. And in the application of same is the manner, the way, the INDIVIDUAL treats or applies same to his brother - the lowliest of same!
For, as He gave, "He that is greatest among you will be the servant of all." Learn then HUMBLENESS, and BELIEVE - not only for that thou mayest experience thyself but for that as ye may see manifested in that love of thy fellow men in their activities day by day. For until each entity may see in the individual who is as his enemy, as that one he dislikes or whose ways he dislikes, such as is the image of that he would worship in the Father, he may not in deed and in truth know the way. LEARN the lessons thou didst see portrayed, and that bear upon thine inner consciousness. For did He not commit the keeping of the worldly goods to Judas? Did He not give to him the power, the opportunity to meet himself?
Be willing then to meet thyself in that ye do, that ye say, day by day. For in so doing ye come to know thy relationship to thy Maker. And when ye call He will hear. And His promises are sure, "If ye will be my people, my son, I will be thy God." [1265-2]
© Doug Simpson 2016.
Edgar Cayce Readings © 1971, 1993-2009 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Used by Permission, All Rights Reserved.
Doug Simpson is a retired high school teacher who has turned his talents to writing. His first novel, a spiritual mystery titled Soul Awakening, was published in the United States in October of 2011, by Booklocker. It was reissued in October of 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing as Soul Awakening, Book I of the Dacque Chronicles. For further details visit them at http://5princebooks.com/.
It is available in print and eBook format through most bookstores around the world. Soul Rescue, Book II of the Dacque Chronicles was published in November of 2012, Soul Mind, Book III of the Dacque Chronicles was published in January of 2013, and Soul Connections, Book IV of the Dacque Chronicles was published in April of 2013. Doug’s first non-fiction book, titled The Soul of Jesus, was published by 5 Prince Publishing in January of 2014. In March of 2014, it earned recognition as a #1 Bestseller on Amazon, USA. His magazine and website articles have been published in 2010 to 2016 in Australia, Canada, France, India, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. His articles can be accessed through his website at http://dousimp.mnsi.net.
Submit Your Own Article