Many people talk about finding balance in their lives, “You need to find balance” they would say. I always felt like saying back to them “well that’s well and good but what does it mean!”
I asked my angels’ one evening, “I know I need to find balance, but what is it I need to be balancing?” I explained to them that I was willing to put the hard work in but I needed a gentle nudge in the right direction. I picked up a pen and paper and waited until I felt some sort of inspiration. I then wrote three words;
• Spiritual growth
I looked at the words I had written on the paper and wondered what they meant. I then decided to write next to each word the efforts I had been making in these three areas.
• Setting up my business partnership with my mum Holistic Angels
• Writing a solid business plan
• Writing up leaflets and advertising material
• Attending courses on marketing, tax, and other classes to promote our business
• Developing trade mark
• Creating website with graphic designers
• Attending trade fairs
• Researching our area
The list for work was endless; I had been very busy with this area of my life. I could see clearly that I had been doing all I could to give this area of my life attention.
• Creating a sacred space
• Meditating daily
• Communicating with angels’ daily
• Reading about spiritual and philosophical work
• Researching people who had helped my life in some way, listening to their journeys
• Asking myself difficult questions about my life
• Dedicating a lot of time to understand my spirituality
• Giving thanks daily
• Writing manifestations and setting clear intent on how I wanted to grow spiritually
Again the list for spiritual growth was endless. I was enjoying learning more about myself and my spiritual path and it gave me a great sense of peace and purpose. I then came to the final word Play.
As you can see I came to the first bullet point and couldn’t write a single sentence about an area of my life where there was any play or fun. I knew from this exercise that it was here my life needed attention and it was here the balance was not right. Many people think that play is not an important aspect of life but the truth is quite the contrary.
How many times have we heard that it is important for children to play in order to aid learning? This is one of the reasons playtime or break was created in schools. Play can actually help concentration. A break in the day for children brings them back to class, and back to feeling refreshed and ready for an afternoon of learning. Why then, do we forget this as adults? When do we suddenly stop thinking that play is important?
The truth is play is just as important however old we are. As well as having fun, it helps us to relax, which in turn aids our spiritual communication, as well as our concentration in work. This is where the balance was wrong in my life. I realised that I couldn’t possible feel fulfilled in work and spiritually if I had no time for me, for fun. I realised that by underestimating the importance of play I was actually telling myself that life was not supposed to be fun, and so it had actually became this way. How many people have you heard say “it’s all work and no play” we have the power to change this fact, so we must decide to do so.
It is difficult for me to suggest ‘ways to have fun’ because we all have different views on what constitutes as fun. For some people it may mean taking up a new hobby or enrolling in some kind of extreme sport. For me personally I realised the things that make me happy and the ways in which I have fun are;
• Watching films i.e. a cheesy chick flick or action movie, going the cinema is a favourite past time of mine
• Taking time to get out, go for a walk, exercise or go to the beach and get an ice cream
• Watching funny you tube clips
• Reading a fiction novels
• Spending time with friends. Friends I do not see for long periods of time. We decided to form a book club, and I found this to be really fun! .
Anything that makes you happy (as long as whatever it is harms no one else) should go in this fun column. These may not seem like extravagant ways to establish fun in your life. But these are things that make me happy, and that I enjoy doing. Your list will be personal to you, but equally as satisfying. And although I value my spirituality as fun, that does not mean it is always easy. It's important to not forget our other pastimes.
You can do this exercise yourself to discover what it is you need balancing in your life. Know that you already hold the answerers but you can ask your angels’ for some gentle guidance. All you have to do is;
1. Breathe deeply and call upon your angels to help you understand where you need balance in your life.
2. Take a pen and paper.
3. Write down words that come to mind. For me it was work, spiritual growth and play. You can use these words too, but most importantly go with what you feel guided to write and trust your intuition.
4. After you have your words, write under them the tasks you carry out to make these things possible.
5. If, like me you come to a word that has little or nothing to write, you have now found the area that you need to work on.
6. Ask your angels’ for help with this area, and move forward knowing that you are working together towards a more balanced life
“Where there is balance there is divine order”
Submit Your Own Article