In the 1990 blockbuster movie, "Ghost," starring Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze, and Whoopi Goldberg, we saw an amazing example of channelling that enabled two lovers to reconnect through the use of a physical channel.
This style of mediumship is sometimes referred to as "possession" and is a more advanced form of mediumship that welcomes a spirit to communicate in a very direct manner. A medium's role is to alter their state of consciousness and awareness to allow the spirit to communicate directly with the client.
In a channelling session, the medium surrenders, which allows the spirit to take over the person, which is evident in voice patterns and physical mannerisms.
True channelling can be a risky exercise for the inexperienced due to the firm boundaries which need to be in place when contacting the unknown. However, there is a safe method for exploring channelling, if you are clear that the person you are inviting to contact you is a deceased loved one who you trust, and know well enough to confirm their energetic identity. It can be very dangerous inviting unknown spirits into your energy field if you're not experienced in spiritual protection and boundaries.
1) Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. Take a few deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth, and you will begin to feel yourself relaxing. As you exhale, imagine roots sprouting from the bottoms of your feet, as they dig down through the floor and into the ground, connecting you solidly to Earth.
2) Imagine a single beam of white light rising up from the crown of your head and increase the beam into the heavens. This will serve as your beacon, or antenna to locate the person you want to channel.
3) Ask the specific person to come to you, calling them by their full name, as you give them permission to enter into your energy.
4) Waiting patiently, remain quiet and pay attention to how you feel. You may feel a slight shift, or zing. There can be sudden warmth, or even a cool chill, tingle, or feeling of the hair standing up on the back of your neck. Sometimes you may experience a ringing in your ears, or vibration. The sensations can be different for each person, and are also different for each entity you channel.
5) Because you have invited them into your energy space, you are not communicating with them, you are them! So, rather than communicating externally, all of the work in a channelling session is done internally. What are your thoughts? How do you feel? What emotions are different? Do you see things differently? Are images more vivid, dimmer? Take notes that you will later be able to examine.
6) When you want to end the session, imagine the light at the top of your head diminishing into darkness. Your antenna has been turned off and you are now at peace. You may feel a slight shift upon completion of this exercise, or a minor adjustment as you come back into your body.
Don't worry if you don't feel anything at first, for some it takes time. The key to channelling is focus. Most people have difficulties with keeping their focus on one specific subject for any length of time. Our lives are fuelled by flitting from one thing to another, and as a result, our thoughts are in constant motion. The depth of focus and your commitment will determine the result of your success.
Submit Your Own Article